Sunday 11 February 2007

A snowman candle




While searching through my boxes of clutter today, I came across this little snowman candle. I have no recollection of how it got there (though that's not unusual) and I started thinking about what sort of a company would make a funky snowman candle like this.
Perhaps a small family candle making business was lured by the opportunity to boost their winter profits, or some manager in a huge multinational corporation was desperately searching for innovative new product lines. I think the coolest idea would be if it was made by some 'Joe Bloggs' of a guy who decided to quit his job and take up making snowmen candles. He might have only made twenty before deciding that it wasn't working out for him. I wonder if it would sell really well on e-bay if I attached my speculations about it's origins; 'snowman candle that might (or might not) be LIMITED EDITION!'
It's funny to think that every item lying about your house has a story behind it, and I often have fun trying to imagine the weird people who came up with the idea for pens with fluffy birds on top, or pineapple corers, or floating banana boat soap dishes.

No comments: